On behalf of the entire College, the Division of Student Affairs invites all families to Family Weekend 2014. The dates for Family Weekend 2014 are Friday, September 26 through Sunday, September 28. Plan now to attend this fall!
Family Weekend 2014 is the perfect opportunity to spend time with your student, meet faculty members, and become better acquainted with Grinnell College. Past Family Weekend activities have included:
- Academic classroom visits
- An ice cream social hosted by the Division of Students Affairs
- Shabbat service and table on Friday night hosted by Chalutzim, Grinnell's Jewish student organization
- Poster presentations about student research initiatives in the science, social studies, and humanities divisions
- Campus and community tours
- Observatory open house to see the stars
- Family Weekend Parade and Pep Fest
- Several athletic competitions
- An outdoor music festival
- A Family Listserv meet-up/coffee hour
- An interdenominational Worship Service on Sunday morning
- A Jazz Brunch on Sunday
Schedule of Events
A schedule of events will be finalized this summer and posted online July 1, 2014.
Online registration is now closed. You may register online starting July 1, 2014.
There are several lodging options in and around Grinnell. For a list of hotels and bed & breakfasts, please click HERE. Make your reservation today!
We look forward to welcoming families on campus this fall (Sept. 26-28, 2014)!